Friday 29 July 2011

Seven Days

I can hardly believe that only one week ago school broke up for the summer.


In the last week I have organised, vastly enjoyed and tried to assist with the fallout of one of my dearest friend's hen nights. This involved zorbing, vast amounts of 'ribena' and a tea party fit for a beautiful bride before descending into a night of many, many shots of hard liquor, somewhat blue comedy and the famous superhero, Mr Muscle.


This experience further cemented my deeply held belief that the people about whom we care are the most important aspects of one's life. Yes, zorbing was terrifying, yes, Mr Muscle was exceptionally and not enjoyably friendly, but someone who is very special to me had an amazing time, saw almost all of her friends together in one place (no mean feat) and got absolutely trashed with hilarious consequences.


What a winner.

The mid point of the week took rather a dip, namely in the diagnosis of a wildly inconvenient malady which is really rather tiresome.


However, the latter-half-of-the-week-upswing came in the form of my graduation which was yesterday. It was a lovely day complete with the wearing of ridiculous polyester gowns (yes, I did a number of Snape impressions), the nerve-racking walk across the stage and neglected practice of general bitchiness which only happens when a group of girls who get along famously are left with no other pastime than to watch other girls and comment upon their outfits. There were some absolute gems.


The day was, of course, tinged with the bittersweet as it is the end of a course which in itself would have been largely unbearable had it not been for some of the people I met through it. Some of them are picture below in a picture which preluded my mortorboard narrowly missing one of the photographers.




Thus, I will finish where I began, with the overwhelming feeling I have of my luckiness in the people who surround me and whose friendship is my proudest possession. 


Now I'm off to sob into a large cup of earl grey.


Lizi xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment